"The jungle, from the heat and rain, steams with humidity. Too, like the roof of a greenhouse, the lush green canopies of the rain forest tend to hold this moisture within. It is the fantastic oxygenation produced by the vegetation, conjoined with the humidity and heat, and the smell of plant life, and rotting vegetable matter and wood, that gives the diurnal jungle its peculiar and unmistakable atmosphere, an encompassing, looming, green, warm ambiance which is both beautiful and awesome. The nocturnal jungle is cooler, sometimes even chilly, and the air, a little thinner, a shade less rich, is different, the sun?s energy no longer powering the complex reaction chains of photosynthesis. Yet, at night, perhaps one is even more aware of the presence and vastness of the jungle than during the day. In the daylight hours one?s horizons are limited by the encircling greenery. In the night, in the darkness, one senses the almost indefinite extension of the jungle, thousands of pasangs in width and depth, about one..."-Explorers of Gor
The Jungle Territories is a full
Kill/Capture/Force Collar Zone
All role-play must be realistic and appropriate.
*By entering this room, you indicate your agreement to abide by all rules
on this page and all rules linked to this page.*
1. There are no anonymous or ~o~ names allowed in the Jungle Territories.
2. Please take a name and role-play within the room.
3. No role-play of anonymous Kurii, Priest-Kings, or Afflicted Ones is allowed in the Jungle Territories. Experience shows that these characters come only to cause disruption. If you play such a character, it must be a named character and your ONLY character.
4. OOC is in PM ONLY!
1. All weapons need to be stated at the beginning of combat, and a minimum of three posts is necessary for a capture or kill.
2. All combat within the Jungle Territories is in accordance with General RP Open Combat Rules for the Prodigy fighting system. If the parties involved are unable to agree on a judge, the combatants may seek the ruling of one of our Gorean Site Judges. The first judge available and willing will decide the matter. All rulings are final. Please be aware of the latest additions to Open Combat rules, as follows:
2.1 When a conflict breaks out, those who are able to participate and become a factor in the scenario will be limited to those who are already present within the room. A scenario is seen as beginning at the moment of the first attack.
2.1.A. If someone enters between a declared weapons post but before the initial attack, they can participate in the combat if they wish.
2.1.B Pouncing, however, is not acceptable. Pouncing is defined as making an attack based on the initial first entry post into the room itself. This is set into place for a couple of reasons.
Example: When groups travel together, such as a home or a Companioned couple, someone is bound to enter the room first, with the others following quickly. In such cases, if you are the first person entering, you may opt not to role-play for up to a 10 minute window to allow for your companion(s) to fully arrive and begin role-play together. If you enter into role-play prior to your traveling companions arriving, your 10 minute window is no longer applicable.
No non-played NPC animals may be used to fight or actively participate in the capture of a human character.
1. Please make your travel through the various locations realistic. If you are traveling to a remote area of the jungle, please travel through the appropriate intermediate areas. This may entail a long journey, but that is the nature of the jungle.
2. Your entry point is determined by whether or not you live in the jungle. If you don't live in the jungle (i.e., a non-GRP jungle home on PoD), you enter at the edge of the forest. If you live in the jungle, you should resume your role-play where you last left off.
3. The canopy and ground cover are far too thick for travel using tarns, kaiila, tharlarions, or other mounts. All travel and actions in the jungle are to be done on foot.
4. All must make two entry posts before beginning any interaction with other people.
5. You may not attack anyone during the entry or exit posts, although you can defend attacks during the exit posts.
Type of Character
Posts to Enter
Activity Zone Posts
Posts to Leave
*Parties travel at the quickest human member's rate.
**Injured parties add 1 to the number of activity posts needed
***Travelers may subtract 1 from the number of activity posts needed if traveling near their home.