"Port Kar, squalid, malignant Port Kar, scourge of gleaming Thassa, Tarn of the Sea, is a vast disjointed mass of holdings, each almost a fortress, piled almost upon one another, divided and crossed by hundreds of canals. It is, in effect, walled, though it has few walls as one normally thinks of them. Those buildings which face outwards, say, either at the delta or along the shallow Tamber Gulf, have no windows on the outward side, and the outward walls of them are several feet thick, and they are surmounted, on the roofs, by crenelated parapets."
[Raiders of Gor - Page 103.]
"There was only gold, and power, and the bodies of women, and steel. I was a strong man. I was such that might make a place for himself in a city such as Port Kar."
[Raiders of Gor - Page 90.]
"Facing the gleaming Thassa by way of the Tamber Gulf, is the crowded, squalid, malignant city at the mouth of the Vosk Delta called Port Kar. It is sometimes referred to as the Tarn of the Sea. It is the only city on Gor that recognizes a Caste of Thieves, and it is the only city on Gor actually built by slaves under the whip of their Masters. The city is a mass of holdings, each almost a fortress, all crossed and divided by hundreds of canals. Port Kar is ruled by a several conflicting Ubars, and, under them, the Council of Captains who are responsible for maintaining and managing the great arsenal, as well as the fleets of Port Kar. Her name is a synonym in Gorean for cruelty and piracy."
[Raiders of Gor - Page 6 and 103.]
"The caste of thieves was important in Port Kar, and even honored. It represented a skill which in the city was held in high repute. Indeed, so jealous of their prerogatives were the caste of thieves that they often hunted thieves who did not belong to their caste, and slew them, throwing their bodies to the urts in the canals. Indeed, there was less thievery in Port Kar than there might have been were there no caste of thieves in the city. They protected, jealously, their own territories from amateur competition. Ear notching and mutilation, common punishments on Gor for thieves, were not found in Port Kar. The caste was too powerful. On the other hand, it was regarded as permissible to slay a thief or take a female thief slave if the culprit could be apprehended within an Ahn of the theft. After an Ahn the thief, if apprehended and a caste member, was to be remanded to the police of the arsenal. If found guilty in the court of the arsenal, the male thief would be sentenced, for a week to a year, to hard labor in the arsenal or the wharves: the female thief would be sentenced to service, for a week to a year, in a straw-strewn cell in one of Port Kars penal brothels."
[Hunters of Gor - Page 304.]
• Port Kar is a full kill, capture, force collar, mirror zone.
• Prodigy combat system is used here. A third party judge will be agreed upon by the individuals involved prior to combat.
• Raids will fall under PoD Raid Rules.
• Observing is welcomed, however, take a name. Anonymous types will be booted without warning.
• No anonymous messengers. Deliver your message in character or not at all. You'll get the same treatment as above.
• The room controller reserves the right to remove those who are being disruptive to the room and the roleplay within it.
• Anyone is welcome to make Port Kar their home. Make it known in your tags, and get involved.
• No dualling.
• Public scening may happen, as Goreans were not shy about sexuality. If such offends you, don't come in.
• All PoD site rules and GRP rules apply here.
• Keep OOC to a minimum. We're all here to have fun. Leave issues and drama at the door.
• Ignorance of the rules is no excuse.