- No anonymous or observer names. You are expected to take a valid name and role-play, or else face a boot by PoD Management.
- No excessive OOC. Keep out-of-character conversations private to avoid disrupting role-play, or else face a boot by PoD Management.
- Role-play must be realistic and appropriate. For example, flying a tarn from the delta of Port Kar to the island nation of Cos would not be realistic. Not only would the tarn likely die of exhaustion long before it reached its destination, a tarn will not leave the sight of land and will only fly over the sea if it was first blindfolded and transported into the open waters in the hold of a ship.
- No Priest-Kings. The denizens of the Sardar Mountains fiercely guard the secrets of their technology and physical appearance. They would not venture from their hidden mountain lair to sail Thassa or the Vosk, Laurius, and Olni rivers; accordingly, no Priest-King characters are permitted in Waters of Gor. Anyone entering Waters of Gor as a Priest-King will have violated rules #1 and #3 and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Limited portrayal of Kurii. Anyone portraying a Kur character must respect the laws of Priest-Kings forbidding advanced weaponry. Additionally, this must be your ONLY Gorean character, or else you will be considered dualling. Anyone entering the Waters of Gor as an unrealistically portrayed Kur will have violated rules #1 and #3 and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Animal Role-play must conform to PoD Rules for NPC Animals. No non-played NPC animals may be used to fight or actively participate in the capture of a human character.
All combat within Waters of Gor is in accordance with Prodigy Rules for General Role-play Combat. If the parties involved are unable to agree on a judge, the combatants may seek the ruling of one of our Gorean Site Judges. The first judge available and willing will decide the matter. All rulings are final. Please be aware of the latest additions to Open Combat rules, as follows:
2.1 When a conflict breaks out, those who are able to participate and become a factor in the scenario will be limited to those who are already present within the room. A scenario is seen as beginning at the moment of the first attack.
- 2.1.A. If someone enters between a declared weapons post but before the initial attack, they can participate in the combat if they wish.
2.1.B Pouncing, however, is not acceptable. Pouncing is defined as making an attack based on the initial first entry post into the room itself. This is set into place for a couple of reasons.
Example: When groups travel together, such as a home or a Companioned couple, someone is bound to enter the room first, with the others following quickly. In such cases, if you are the first person entering, you may opt not to role-play for up to a 10 minute window to allow for your companion(s) to fully arrive and begin role-play together. If you enter into role-play prior to your traveling companions arriving, your 10 minute window is no longer applicable.
- Please use the Location Pulldowns.
- Everyone must make two entry posts before beginning any interaction with other people.
- You may not attack anyone during the entry or exit posts, although you can defend attacks during the exit posts.
- Your travel from one location to the other must be realistic, per the following guidelines:
|Type of Character||Posts to Enter||Activity Zone Posts||Posts to Leave|
4.A. Parties travel at the quickest unmounted/human member's rate.|
4.B. Injured parties add 1 to the number of activity posts needed unless on an uninjured mount.
4.C. Travelers may subtract 1 from the number of activity posts needed if traveling near their home.
4.D. "Animals" does not pertain to Kurii.
Copyright © 2012/2013 Portal of Dreams - All rights reserved